1578 W. National Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53204


People get injured in all types of situations, and many of those situations are the fault of another person or product. When someone or something else causes you injury, you are legally entitled to collect compensation for your medical bills and other inconveniences, depending on the circumstances of the accident. In fact, you could collect three types of damages: (1) economic, (2) non-economic, and (3) punitive. Of course, this depends on the type of injury and the actions of the defendant—the at-fault person or company.
That’s where you will need the help of a Wisconsin personal injury lawyer like the Groth Law Firm. Based in Milwaukee, we can help you determine who may have contributed to your injuries and seek compensation on your behalf. 

About Us

Groth Law Firm, S.C. helps plaintiffs in all areas of litigation and personal injury law. We know that the physical pain and emotional damage of injuries caused by the negligence of another may never fully go away, but we will do everything we can to make sure your case is expertly handled and you receive the compensation you deserve.

When you hire Groth Law Firm, S.C. you are hiring an attorney who is skilled and dedicated, with proven results. Attorney Jon P. Groth has successfully tried cases throughout Wisconsin in both State and Federal Courts and has joined the elite few attorneys who have argued before the Wisconsin State Supreme Court.

Recent juries have awarded Attorney Jon P. Groth’s clients verdicts of approximately $900,000 in Milwaukee County and $1.2 million in Dane County, as well as a judgment of $2.15 million in Kenosha County.

Types Of Damages

Your circumstances dictate what kind of damages you might collect in a personal injury lawsuit. Economic damages are often referred to as special damages and include those with a price attached. Special damages might consist of past and future medical costs, past and future lost wages, funeral and burial expenses, and replacement of personal property—including vehicles—damaged in the accident.

Non-economic damages are often referred to as general damages and include pain and suffering, loss of companionship, inconvenience, and loss of consortium. General damages are usually available to those who suffer from long-term injuries sustained in an accident.


Punitive damages are only awarded to punish a defendant for grossly negligent or intentional actions. A drunk driver that caused an accident might have to pay punitive damages. Someone who kidnaps you with an intent to harm you might have to pay punitive damages in a civil lawsuit in addition to any criminal penalties the criminal court might order.